Healing comes when the individual remembers his or her identity, knows his purpose in the world accepts it, and reconnects with the world of spirit.
Spirituality can be an elusive word to define, it is difficult to encapsulate it in words. There is no single or widely agreed definition of spirituality. Everyone has their own definition of spirituality in their mind. The Oxford dictionary defines spirituality as, ” Relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.” However if asked by a commoner, they start relating spirituality to religion. Spirituality may incorporate elements of religion, but it is generally a broader concept. Religion and spirituality are not the same things, nor they are entirely distinct from one another. In spirituality, the questions are: where do I personally find meaning, connection, and value? On the other hand in religion, the questions are: what is true? what is right?
Now when we try to relate spirituality to health, it’s quite difficult to come to a conclusion. However, it seems the body, mind, and soul are connected and we know that the health of any one of these elements seems to affect the other. We all want to achieve mental stability and if we have achieved it we need to retain it. Being spiritual helps in maintaining good mental health. It is not a secret that the human brain is one of the most important parts of the human body. Without it, the rest of a man’s body is practically docile and useless. Many philosophers consider that the human mind can be compared to a high-end computer because both of these process and analyze great ideas. When undertaking spiritual practice it is important to bear in mind that each individual is different, what works for you may not work with others. The best way to achieve mental peace is “Meditation”. In spite of having great success and achievements in life, we all feel an acute need for inner peace, silence, and a moment of inner reflection. Meditation is the missing key to unlock the treasure of happiness and bliss that we are carrying within us. A few moments of deep meditation have the potential of fulfilling all desires and longings. Meditation improves our physiological and psychological well-being. Some of the benefits of meditation are:
1. Meditation reduces the heart rate, as well as the respiratory and metabolic rate.
2. Cortisol is often called the stress hormone. Meditation lowers cortisol levels and provides relief from the adverse effects of cortisol on our health.
3. Meditation helps us dealing with many mental issues. It reduces anxiety, depression, moodiness, irritability and brings greater emotional stability.
4. Meditation also helps us in developing willpower, boosts the level of self-confidence, and helps foster a positive attitude. Regular practice of meditation improves our memory power and concentration level.
5. We as human beings come across many cases where a person is suffering from a phobia. Meditation could help them in overcoming these phobias.
Meditation has many more benefits apart from those mentioned above. Concluding the benefits of meditation mentioned above Meditation helps us to find the inner source of peace and improves our wisdom and provides a deeper understanding of ourselves and other people. There is nothing to lose by practicing meditation, but there is a lot to gain.
We all know that a sound mind always lies in the sound body so apart from our mental health we also need to be physically fit and with the help of spirituality, we can efficiently attain physical fitness.
1. It helps in increasing the effectiveness of our immune system. Our body is an intelligent system and it knows how to heal itself. Spiritual practices have the potential to trigger the body’s healing ability by encouraging a state of balance in the body and mind.
2. In today’s world due to the lifestyle of people many people are suffering from Insomnia. Getting a night of restful sleep is a problem for many. Whatever the cause, steps should be taken to help restore the body’s natural rhythm of the sleep-wake cycle. The main reason behind this is stress. Spirituality helps you to get rid of stress and attaining mental peace as mentioned earlier which in turn helps you to get better sleep and now your body is ready to perform the daily routine tasks more efficiently and effectively.
Health is an announcement of the agreement between your mind, body, and spirit, honour it. When you are not healthy look to see which parts of you disagree. Your body will demonstrate the truth to you. Notice what it is showing you, listen to what it is saying, and perform accordingly. Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live.